Reasons why this shirt didn’t make it to my wardrobe:
- the neckline is saggy
- topstitching is imperfect
- the colour wasn’t right for spring
At some point I added the heat transfer vinyl heart. See the original heart here, and yes, it took me 1.5 years to finally make it for myself.
And after a few more months of sitting around, I took these pictures, and realized I kind of like it. I really love the pattern – as evidenced here, here, and here – even with the neckline fit issues. I removed 1/4″ at the neckline at each seam, but now I’m wondering if I need a smaller size. Unfortunately I have lost the pattern sheet for this issue, but I’m sure it will turn up once I commit to the magical art of tidying. Until then, I’ll just wear this one.
|Pattern||Burdastyle 2/2013 Pattern 126||Size 42|