Jumpsuit revamp

Jumpsuit revamp

450IMG_2257

I considered trashing this, but decided to fix it up. I had what I thought was a clever idea making this. I wanted the jumpsuit to fit really well, but still have room to sit down comfortably. So I added a panel of vertical ruching at the waist. Sound plan in theory, but in reality it was saggy and I never wore it for more than a few minutes. I even made a muslin without the crazy ruching, but once the idea came to me I was sure it was a brilliant idea.

450Compare

Looks better, eh? I removed the elastic thread, and then cut apart the top and bottom, removed a few inches and reattached. In doing so, I lost a snap which makes it hard to get on and off. I also slimmed down the legs at least 4″ per leg. I really hate the feeling of pants hanging low, so I added an elastic at the back.

The waist elastic looks a bit high, but I still like it.
The waist elastic looks a bit high, but I still like it.

I’m pretty happy with the result. It’s not perfect, but it fits well and when I get to making another jumpsuit I can use it as a reference. I’m sure I’ll wear it lots as soon as the weather is cool enough in the fall.

Here's the pattern I used and the material is a mid-weight French terry.
Here’s the pattern I used and the material is a mid-weight French terry.
Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s