Looking at these pictures, the pants don’t look too bad, I’ve been putting off blogging about them. Those pockets are still super cute. He wore them for the day and I noticed they hung a little low on him. I traced out size 116, so I could size down the shorts I’ve cut for him, but I think I’ll add elastic to the back waistband for the shorts. I’ll probably make him another pair of pants in size 116, since the pattern is traced out and all.
I’ve been in a bit of a sewing slump. Looking at my April sewing plans I am way behind. The weather has warmed up and the kids no longer need mittens, so that’s off my list.
These are my Burda Challenge project for April. I still have a few days to crank something else out, but I’m thinking about cutting my losses. I’m pretty terrible about knowing the date, I just checked and there are no more days in April. And now, since April is over, I’ve apprehensively come to the decision to participate in Me-Made May.
It’s an awesome idea, and there are millions of other participants to prove it. I have pledged to wear something handmade everyday, and to make it extra, extra challenging for myself, I am pledging to wear everything I have made for myself at least once.
Thanks for stopping by.
|Pattern||Burdastyle 04/2013 Pattern 140|
|Size||122 (with some reductions)|
|Fabric||Navy Blue Chambray Shirting|
|Notions||Interfacing, 3″ zipper|