Do you ever have a project that just goes wrong every step of the way? This is my second version of this shirt. The first shirt was a comical array of mishaps, resulting in sewing and unsewing and sewing again and unsewing again…until finally it was mostly complete, only to find out the fit was bad. I had added 1.25″ length above the chest and 4″ at the waist. The thought of undoing the binding yet again was too much, so I just started over. For this version I removed .75″ of the 1.25″ I had added. I think the combined adjustments resulted in a lower neckline, but it’s still really high, so maybe not.
I kind of like this shirt, but I have a hard time imagining myself wearing it. Perhaps with a skirt, or a sleeker pair of pants. Or maybe some matching shorts. Sewing up shorts are definitely on my list. Anything with zippers, really. I need more practice with zippers.
|Pattern||Burdastyle 3/2006 Pattern 116 Top|
|Fabric||Cotton shirting with a bit of stretch.|
Thanks for stopping by.